Wednesday 4 January 2012

Hello :)

This is the brand new blog for Heartworks, where you can keep up to date with all of my latest creations and news! I create personalised gifts and accessories from felt and fabric, and I'm always thinking up new ideas. Over the next few weeks I'll be getting things up and running, but I've never actually had a blog before so be patient with me LOL. Here are a few things I've been working on over the last few months... mainly name banners but I'm hoping to get started on lots of new products soon!






If you're very observant (or just nosy like me LOL) you'll notice that the photos have different watermarks on them. Don't worry, the work is all my own... I've only just started working on my new Facebook page for Heartworks so it isn't live yet, I'm still using the old one so some of my pictures have the old watermark on them. I always feel the need to explain things like that LOL :)

Anyway, I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. We spent it at home with the kids and had a lovely time. The best thing for me was being able to have some time off, I'd actually started to forget what that felt like! It was so nice being able to sit down and play with the kids and do things for me without worrying about getting orders done on time and trying to keep on top of everything. I'm the first to admit that I'm a workaholic (although who can blame me when I have such an enjoyable job!) and working at home means I'm never really away from the 'office', so I tend to work more than I should. Having some time off has definitely made me realise that I need to forget all about work sometimes. I think we all need a break once in a while :)

I got some fab presents for Christmas, but by far my favourite was this...


A Big Shot die cutting machine off my other half! I literally haven't stopped playing with it since I got it. He also bought me the Sizzix Bigz Clear Die Heart, so for the first few days I sat there and cut out about 40 hearts from felt LOL. No idea what I'm gonna do with them yet but it's nearly Valentines Day so I'm sure I'll think of something. I also bought myself some extra dies in all sorts of shapes and can't wait to make new things with them!

Anyway, the kids have gone back to school today and the other half has gone back to work. I planned on starting work again tomorrow so that I can have a whole day to myself to do what I want :).I'm having a sale tomorrow where all of my name banners are reduced by 25% and I've already had loads of enquiries so I'm expecting a mad rush. I don't mind though, the busier the better!

For now though, I'm going to make a cup of tea and put my feet up :)





No comments:

Post a Comment