Saturday 7 January 2012

Weekend...

Ahh, I love the weekend :) No 7am start, no rushing around and no school run! I've spent the last few days cutting out letters for all of my new orders for name banners. People always ask me if I really cut out every single letter by hand, and the answer is yes I do! Even my Big Shot can't help me there, as the templates I use for the letters are my own, but it's still handy for cutting out shapes like hearts and stars :)

Anyway, after two days of cutting this is what I have...


There's one particular banner here that I'm really excited about doing as it's a little bit different, but I won't say anything more yet. I've also just recently finished doing a 'THANK YOU' banner for use at weddings by a photographer friend on Facebook. When I finished making it I wanted to take a photo of it myself but I couldn't get the lighting quite right and to be honest all the pictures I did manage to get were a bit rubbish LOL. So I sent it off and hopefully there'll be some proper photographs of it soon :)

I'm hoping to start work on some new products in the next few weeks too. I have lots of ideas in mind so fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I actually got my sewing machine out the other day... I've never used it properly before but I sat and practised for a while and I'm getting better LOL. Not an expert, by any means, but definitely better than I was before :)

Something else I'd love to do this year is sell at a craft fair. I've been to quite a few as a customer and always end up thinking, hmm I could do that. I think it's the preparation that worries me. It'll take a few months to get everything ready, and I spend most of time working on orders so I'm really not sure how I would find the time. Other people do though so I suppose it's possible. The other thing that worries me is whether people would actually buy anything. I'm not very confident about my work to begin with, so if it was a bad day and I didn't get many customers I think it would be soul destroying LOL. I'll never know if I don't try though.

Hope you all have a good weekend :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment